Friday, December 16, 2011

Ask and ye shall receive

Ok, I'll admit it.  I'm a stalker.  Since we've moved here, I've discovered the local Goodwill.  Now, I'll be honest.  I did NOT want to even go in there because I've had such rotten experiences with them.  However, several of the ladies in our church suggested trying there for a sofa (I don't remember if I blogged that find or not).  So, the stalking began with looking for den furniture. 

Well, the screen on my laptop has been in and out for several months now.  I've just been hooking up to the boys' monitor on the desktop when it's out.  Pastor Husband informed me this week that's not going to keep working.  That means I started stalking Goodwill again.  Holy moly.  The day before he told me that, there were FOUR monitors in there.  The very next day at 10 a.m there were NONE.  Of course I have been going back daily.  I even went into Indy to see if the one at Washington Square area had one.  Not one I wanted to spend money on (I think that was the Holy Spirit though).

While I was helping pastor set up the fellowship hall today for another church that is going to be using it, I mentioned in passing that I had been looking for one.  He told me not to buy one that there are a couple laying around the church not being used.  Wendon and I went down in the basement and sure enough, there was a monitor!  I brought it home and hooked it up...guess what I'm seeing this post on.  ;)

My point?  Sometimes it's just best to let people know what you need.  Ask, and you might just get it!  I could have saved myself all that stalking time!

No comments:

Post a Comment