Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pantry Challenge

This morning it was a cold cereal day.  Lunch was a bust...we bought burritos.  I forgot to take out the pork chops to thaw so we didn't have that for dinner.  Of course the kids immediate response was "let's go OUT for dinner!"  Um, no.  I went in the kitchen and found some soup and biscuit mix.  I mixed the canned soups, a can of stew, and put it in a baking dish.  I mixed up the garlic cheddar biscuit mix and added some regular baking mix and made a topping.  Put it across the soups by the spoonful then baked at 400 for almost an hour.  YUM!  Everyone liked it save Noah.  Oh well.  Can't please them all.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really good! Bummer that Noah didn't like it.

    Way to go for coming up with that & not going out to dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's some creativity in the kitchen! I should do a pantry challenge!

    ReplyDelete