Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dinner tonight

Normally we eat dinner around 5pm.  I don't know why we didn't today; other than having a big lunch and I just wasn't hungry.  The boys internal dinner clock went off but I told them they had to wait.  Well, they waited, and waited, and waited.  Finally, Pastor Husband gets home from prayer and we still hadn't had dinner (he got home around 8:30).  At 9pm I was convinced these fellas weren't going to let me off the hook so, 4 hours late, I go to the kitchen to find something. 

By this time I don't want to cook.  I open the pantry door and start digging.  We're not as low as I had wanted to be after my pantry challenge, thanks in part to blessings from others and in part to failure on my part.  Anyway, I find two bags of "prepared" fettucine alfredo.  All I have to do is add water, milk, and pop it in the microwave.  Ok, I can handle that.  I also had some frozen broccoli in the freezer.  Yep.  That's what I whipped up tonight.  Probably not the healthiest but I'm standing my ground that at least it had a veggie in it...and milk!

Here's how it rated:
Pastor Husband gives it a thumbs up but he wouldn't want it every day.
Oliver gives it a thumbs up with, "Wow mom!  I love you and I loved dinner!  I want some more!"
Noah gives it a thumbs down and made himself a sandwich.
Me?  I liked it.  It tasted pretty good but would have been better with chicken chunks and some kind of seasoning.

All in all, I guess we can call this a win.  At least we ate, even if the boys were up 2 hours past their bedtime waiting on mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment