Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy belated Mothers Day to me!

Pastor Husband forgot he bought me a Mother's Day gift a few months ago.  He ended up giving it to me yesterday.  I LOVE it!  It's a three movie set of....Gidget movies!  It's got Gidget, Gidget Goes Hawaiin, and Gidget Goes to Rome.  I love me some Gidget movies.  They always make me want to learn to surf.  LOL

These movies also make me realize that I'm not a typical "gidget".  If you've seen the original, you know that gidget is a combined word for girl midget.  Mmmmm....no. I'm not a girl midget.  At 5'8" I'm actually kinda on the tall side.  Gidget is outdoorsy.  Yeah.  Not me.  I probably would be if I weren't so fair skinned.  I just burn so I prefer to stay inside.  Gidget had a boyish figure.  Ok, well, I have a big boyish figure; does that count?

Does any of that bother me?  Not really.  I love my name.  I haven't always but I do now.  It's young.  It's cute.  Somehow it also suits me.

Thank you, Pastor Husband and family for the great gift!

1 comment:

  1. My past best friend's name is Gidget, shes got super red hair and is rather short. She's the only Gidget Ive ever met, so yay for you to have the same unique name.

    ReplyDelete