Friday, April 29, 2011

Allergies, allergies, go away...

And don't come back!  My boys got allergy tested on Monday.  Boy were they miserable.  The oldest wasn't allergic to much but what he was allergic to, he was REALLY allergic to.  Dogs and dust are his biggies.  The youngest, bless his little heart, looked like someone had rubbed his back with beets after he had been biten by mosquitoes.  He was allergic to more than half of what he was tested for:  Grass, trees, peanuts, soybeans, and dust were his.  Oh and cockroaches; that and dust were his biggest.  His biggest tree allergy was Cottonwood trees.

"What's the big deal?" you might ask.  Well, for most people most of that wouldn't be a big deal at all.  However, we live in a huge dust bowl.  The wind is constantly blowing here and we have almost DAILY dust storms.  We also live about 10 miles from a peanut factory.  What is the main tree here?  Cottonwoods.  The boys and I have been sick since we moved here almost a year ago.  Now we know why the boys have been.  My CFNP is sending me for allergy testing as well.  I'm sure we're going to find the root of my illness too.

I don't really have a point to this except to vent.  I'm annoyed.  Really annoyed.  I've had a constant headache for a couple of months and a sinus infection that doesn't stay gone for more than a few days.  I'm on my FOURTH round of antibiotics starting today. 

Yeah.  I'm annoyed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Gidget I'm sooo sorry. I feel you and your boys' pain. My allergies haven't been nearly as bad this year (pollen, tree or plant, and cockroaches are biggies for me.) I did notice that once I got on a med that really helps with my anxiety that my allergies weren't as severe anymore. PTL!!!

    Praying y'all get some kind of relief soon, and keep us updated.

    I LOVE your blog! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, feeling the allergy pain here too. :(

    ReplyDelete