I've had a lot on my mind lately but haven't been able to share it. There are still things I can't share and it's really bothering me. Pastor Husband and I were asked not to though and we won't.
Our pastor resigned a few weeks ago and his last Sunday was yesterday. Our state Administrative Bishop will be here next Sunday (the 8th) to speak to the church from the Word then in a business meeting afterward. We will find out then what he has in mind for our church. I hope the people here know that they CAN say no. I don't know what he has planned but I know what he doesn't and that's what I can't share. It has caused my heart to break.
So, what's going to happen to us? Good question. I'm glad you asked. I really don't know. It will depend on who our new pastor is going to be. We are keeping our options open and we are trying to come up with a plan B and maybe even a plan C. There is a chance that the new pastor won't want to keep us on staff here. We need to be prepared for that. There is also a chance that WE won't want to stay on staff with the new pastor. We've heard rumors and if the one we heard recently is true, we will be looking at our other options.
What are our other options if we aren't able to stay here? We can either apply for other staff positions or find a senior pastor position that fits us. We will probably do the latter. We feel God moving us back in that direction. Pastor Husband feels that's what God wants us to do if we leave here. I do too.
For quite some time God has been laying Women's Ministries on my heart. As the First Lady of a church, that would be my responsibility. God has shown me some Bible studies He wants me to do as well as some things to get to know my ladies. I'm actually really excited about this! For so long I have only taught children and it's really exciting for God to take me in a different direction.
I don't know what our future holds. God may very well work it out for us to be here for many years. I do hope that is the case. Please be in prayer about this with us!